Saturday, March 31, 2012

16 weeks! Whoa momma!

The bump is real. I can't suck it in any longer! 
How far along? 16 weeks 
Total weight gain? 4.5 total (lost 2 then gained it back! yay!)
Maternity clothes? No! But mainly because I am in denial. I just wear "bigger" clothes. More versatile. 
Sleep? I sleep but back pain and round ligament pain are EH! 
Best moment this week? My amazing pre-natal appointment! Hearing the hummingbird heartbeat was amazing & reminded me of how well baby dough is doing. Another awesome moment is getting a hot stone massage pedicure AND once the lady found out I was preggo (because I was reading my preg book), she turned a 45 min session into a 2 hour one and extended my massage!! ;) The perks of pregnancy are beginning...ooooo!! :D
Miss Anything? headache free & acne free life!
Movement? Felt a couple "flutters" but not sure if that's the baby yet.
Food cravings? Raw veggies, chocolate ice cream, & Laos food
Anything make you queasy or sick? Motion sickness has gotten way worse & avocados still gross me out. 
Gender? Only God knows :)
Symptoms? Hormonal headaches, Round ligament spasms, and emotional instability! Eek. Oh and the on & off acne! When do I get the GLOW everyone talks about?!
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody? I'm a rollercoaster baby! 
Looking forward to? BABYMOON to California & my first baby shower in California!! 

Grandma Dorough came to visit this weekend from Michigan & she is always such a big blessing. 

She brought us to pick up our first pieces of BABY vintage furniture from a seller on Craigslist. 

We got the following:
Iron wrought crib
Iron wrought changing table
2 vintage (large) mirrors
1 vintage dresser
Lane Cedar Toy chest
----> all for $80!! 

Not only were we super excited about the crazy price but it is becoming so amazingly real...we have furniture for a little human! Eek! 

Pictures of our nursery will be posted once it's done...we still have a couple pieces to get! 

Life has been a blessing. Our struggles are real yet our joy is even more real. The faith I have in God does not waiver, but at times, it seems like I start to really believe that Ryan and I are getting through this alone...which is NOT the case at all. Not only do we have our amazing and loving family...we have Him. The One who created the joy we have been cultivating thus far. I need to keep remembering this when I feel like knee deep in our own personal insecurities. 

I can't wait to keep you updated from California while I am enjoying the sun...the food...the love!! Muah <3 

2 comments:

  1. love how you can see papa's reflection's in the waterfall glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I noticed that too! So its like a family picture!! :D

      Delete