Friday, March 16, 2012

my 12 week update!

02/23/2012 
Whoa. Had my first and hopefully last bout of violent vomiting. I think it marked the day for me from only craving refined carbs & sugars to finally eating normal again- fresh vegetables, fruits, and meats! I went to school that day, gave away my gluten free lasagna happily, and went to buy a salad which consisted of a balsamic dressing, spinach, and almonds! It felt rejuvenating & I could tell that’s what you wanted.

So thank you! Mama is coming back! (slowly but surely).

03/02/2012 
Today marked the first “official” prenatal appointment with the midwife group that we chose. It is a frustrating experience so far only due to the financial aspect. It is unfortunate that is clouds our thoughts because I think we aren’t able to experience the joy completely until we let go of that worry. The visit went fine and at the end, the midwife was trying to find your heartbeat with a handheld Doppler.

My heart grew heavy instantly and I almost started to cry when after multiple attempts, she could only hear my heartbeat. She realized that I started to get very nervous. Medically I knew that there is no way I could of miscarried..I haven’t had any signs like before. But in my heart, I just NEEDED to hear your heartbeat..to know I was taking good care of you.

“Well…I know you’re worried. I heard the baby’s heartbeat briefly but lost it so I want to reassure by doing an ultrasound for you.”

I was extremely pleased & happy by the offer. I couldn’t believe she would offer that. So we moved to a different room. Ryan held my hand as she applied the cold gel to my abdomen. Then I saw you. Dancing & flipping around. It was like you were hiding from us. Every time she went over where you were, you instantly jumped around and hid! We started laughing. Both started to tear up as we saw how active you were….how safe you were….and how alive you were.

It gave my heart peace & brought your dad into a quick reality check. You are coming in September…and we can’t wait to meet you little baby!  But just wait until September..we’ll be patient until then!  We love you so much already. 

How far along? 12 weeks (in this picture)
Total weight gain? one! 
Maternity clothes? No way.
Sleep? Way too much! :)
Best moment this week? Finally starting to feel LESS nausea! Woohoo!! & realizing baby and I are here to stay :)
Miss Anything? Fitting my clothes
Movement? Can't feel anything yet!
Food cravings? Apples & peanut butter
Anything make you queasy or sick? The thought of avocados, eggs (straight up), and fish! Still making me sick...
Gender? Only God knows :)
Symptoms? Hormonal headaches, BAD food aversions, crazy hunger pains, and fatigue!
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody? Happy!
Looking forward to? Not constantly feeling hungry ALL the time!

2 comments: