03/04/2012
We went out to eat with my colleagues today and two very important mentors to celebrate our graduation coming up in April!
As everyone went around the table to discuss their future plans after graduation, I was in awe of all the amazing plans that have been set or laid down. All inspiring, awesome, amazing, etc etc.
I was the last to speak. I kept thinking…”What do I say?” After two doctorates, countless hours of studying, board exam after board exam, and all these loans…what do I say are my plans?
You’ve changed everything. In January, it was a scary almost bad scary change. But now it's one of the most exciting & happiest moments we are looking forward to! I know God has bigger plans for us..plans we were not aware of initially or that we felt we were ready for...but as Ryan has reminded me, I am experiencing one of the most amazing, beautiful, and important things that a woman can experience. Nothing else is more important at this point...even my career and the idea of "financial security".
**Here is my post from my other blog that I write for school discussing the big question..."WHAT ABOUT YOUR CAREER?"**
"Yes everyone! It is true! We are happy to announce that we are expecting and ‘Baby Dorough’ will be making his/her debut in September of this year! We are so excited and have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love we have received when we made the big announcement this weekend.
Are we scared? Nervous? Uneasy? Definitely! Words cannot express the love we already have for our little one but we are definitely fully aware of the changes and sacrifices that we will and have already been conscious of making.
Being a professional woman with a career in mind can be difficult to imagine a life with a family and keeping that happy medium. In our medical field, it can definitely be challenging to commit fully to marketing yourself and building a patient base from the ground up while trying to raise a child, manage a household, and to be a good wife, I realize all of that. This is a surreal experience and we are just going with the “flow” at this point.
Life is definitely not 100% expected and there’s always a twist and turn somewhere. Ryan and I have been so blessed to have unlimited amounts of support to get us through those twists and turns and this time it is no different. Expecting to have two incomes to live off of after I graduated gave us security and now with a little one coming, it all changes whereas the bills won’t! So we are in a position of uncertainty and question but nonetheless, we are ready and very excited to take on this new level of maturity and raise another human being!
Now you all might be wondering where this leaves my career? Well, I am asking myself that same question. I have always felt a great and deep purpose for Naturopathic medicine and that has not changed one bit. However this does change the immediate future in terms of my “career goals”. My purpose has shifted and is geared more towards being an amazing mother and wife while my husband will be our main source of financial support. Does that scare us? Financially- Yes. Emotionally- Not at all.
Me as a Naturopath won’t change. My passion will remain a stronghold that will motivate me to fully cultivate it into a reality one day. Might not be by May like I had planned but it will happen, I promise you that!
So wish us good health and luck as we venture in this amazing and unforgettable journey. I’ll be sure to keep you updated while I can!"
I hope that was able to provide you with some clarity. That's right folks...
This girl..that has been so anxious, overly ambitious, CAREER oriented is ready to step back & take on one of the most prestigious & valuable jobs a person can have--> being an amazing momma:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment