Friday, March 9, 2012

13 weeks today!

Before I proceed with the "glimpse" into my past experiences during my 1st trimester, I wanted to share a video FIVE days after I found out. 

I was about 6 weeks pregnant in this video (only my husband and I knew)...nauseous...nervous...worried. I sang at a "coffee house" event in Chicago & the song really gave me comfort. I was battling thoughts of doubt, worry, hopelessness, and so forth along with feeling atrociously horrible...nauseous, weak, fatigue...on & on. 

This is not my best performance by any means, nor is it a full performance, but it is a raw glimpse into my heart. I was battling the urge to vomit and weak knees at the same time! 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6.

May you find encouragement, hope, and peace no matter what you are going through in your life. Whether it be the lost of a child, the lost of the ability to bear children, struggles in school and your career, etc etc. 

I get pregnancy updates on my phone every week! 
This is my update for today which made me smile & tear up:

"Congratulations! You are in your 13th week and officially 2nd trimester! Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips. Veins and organs are clearly visible through his/her still-thin skin. 

Your baby's body is starting to catch up with that oversized head (haha!), which makes up just a third of his or hear body size now.

If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.

Your baby is almost 3 inches long (size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce!" 

Amen. All of this is worth it. I love you little shrimp baby! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment