Wednesday, March 7, 2012

...oh...the first tri..

10 days after we found out...

Oh gosh. The nausea is hitting me like a train to the face. It is absolutely terrible.
But it weirdly enough makes me smile because it means there is some good work being done to protect my little bambino. Or bambina? I’ve been told that maybe the increased nausea is a sign for a baby girl? Oh gosh,…I really don’t know if Ryan and I can handle a girl right now. I mean…karma is a b**** right? Well I was a lot for my mom to handle..so I can only imagine what the future holds for me. Although girls are WAY more fun to dress up! So that will be exciting.

It’s still all surreal to me. I can’t believe it. This time next year, Ryan and I will have a completely different life. We will be holding a bundle of cuteness and our hearts will be bigger than we could ever imagine.

Now the task is to overcome these boards…which I have not had the energy to study for. Then to dominate clinic…then I will be home-free to enjoy my pregnancy…in the hot summer while trying to find a job? And study for boards…yet again.

If only I didn’t sleep for 12-15 hours a day, feel nauseous the remaining of the time, maybe I could actually accomplish those above things! Blah.

Well it’s good the baby is doing well even though mama isn’t. I already love him/her so much…this is all worth it. Boards can be taken over…who cares. I only care for the little thing growing inside of me.



13 days after we found out...

It is now day 5 of complete and absolute exhausting NAUSEA. Yes. Exhausting. Nausea. It’s so uncomfortable…a feeling of uneasiness that really takes your body over completely.

This little blueberry sized baby is definitely wreaking havoc on every part of my body. My body is so tired…sleeping 12-15 hours a day still doesn’t seem enough. My body is being forced to eat for the sake of calories & health…from craving Bahn Mi sandwiches one day then being very disgusted by them the next day…Ryan is trying his hardest to keep up.

But I keep reminding myself that this is already testing my maternal senses. Mothers do ANYTHING for their children…at least good ones like my mom. So if this little blueberry needs to thrive on me being miserable, so be it. After all, his/her life is more important than these 12-14 weeks of nausea I will be experiencing.

I’m in my 7th week now…that means I’m halfway to feeling the bliss and glowing feeling of pregnancy and not just the I’m chubby, bloated, and nauseated feeling.

Gotta take the good with the bad to get the prize.

Can’t wait to meet baby doe but he/she needs to stay put until September. 

Mommy & Daddy will be patient until then! :D

1 comment:

  1. MIMI I am so happy for you! How exciting!! Congrats to you and Ryan miss you hopefully I can come to Chicago and see the belly this summer xoxo

    ReplyDelete