I've
been a bit MIA.... we’ve encountered some family issues that have been
overwhelming for us so I couldn't blog too much but I'm back for now.
I
started this "project" as a fun way to spread awareness for
breastfeeding without shoving it down people's throats. I didn't want go crazy
posting tons of research or only feature the moms that could appear in Times
magazine. I wanted to feature moms that used covers, moms that didn't, and moms
that breastfed for different time frames.
It's
all about BREASTFEEDING..and that's
it.
| Their first time meeting Estella! |
Well
the first mom I want to feature is a good friend of mine, Irene!
We
actually met in grad school and had an instant connection. We both loved to
dance, eat, and laugh! (haha). Through the years, we were both single together,
kept in contact when she moved to Los Angeles, now we still support each other from afar while she’s in the
Pacific Northwest, and now both married with children! Through it all, we love
each other no matter what. I am so happy to see how well she is doing and how
beautiful her newborn baby Jaxson has grown! She’s doing an amazing job and I
know she is a big breastfeeding advocate as well! It will be fun to also follow
their breastfeeding journey.
Well
the day before they got married (in Illinois), they came over to visit (because
we couldn’t go...Estella was about a week old barely). We were joking but told
them that they are next.....and well....after their honeymoon, they called us
with the great news! Our predictions came true!
Here
is her story and her bucket list! I really like the time zone one, I’ll have to
add that to my bucket list too.
“I
instantly had the desire to breastfeed-from the moment I knew I was going to be
a mom that is what I wanted!!! However, when Jaxson was born (at 33weeks
2 days) I didn't know if it would be possible. He arrived so fast (4 hours of
active labor & 3 pushes later...) I couldn't wrap my head around not being
able to, my focus was him-is he healthy. Happy to report Jaxson was healthy,
weighing in at 4.2 lbs 17.5 inches long! Actually when he was placed on my
chest he was rooting around!! But I digress...
Due
to his size, and a little jaundice, he had to spend some time in the NICU. My
heart was broken but I soon became determined to do the very best I could for
him-breast milk!! 5 hours after he was born I began my first pumping session.
The first 24 hours produced .2cc of colostrum. I was a little sad, but I told
myself it would get better-this was for Jax! By the 4th day (Mother's Day) I
produced 3oz of milk in 24 hours!! I was producing so much that the
nurses had to begin freezing my supply. Eventually we had to take milk home
because we were running out of room!! I was even approached to be a donor!!!
My
son is now 3 months old weighing 11.11 lbs 23inches long!! I am so very
thankful that I'm able to do what I feel is the absolute best thing for him!!!
Irene’s bucket list:
(*Success!)
Sideline
At a Seahawks or Bears Game
At a Sounders Game
The mall*
The Edmonds beach park for dogs
In a different time zone than the one I live
The movies*
At church*
Mommy and me class*
Restaurants*
At a Seahawks or Bears Game
At a Sounders Game
The mall*
The Edmonds beach park for dogs
In a different time zone than the one I live
The movies*
At church*
Mommy and me class*
Restaurants*
Thank you for sharing your story Irene and such a cool
bucket list! I look forward to seeing how your love grows with Jaxson...keep up
the good work mama!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment