Tuesday, September 4, 2012

38 weeks....not a happy camper!

Can you tell that I am trying SUPER HARD to smile?! :)

How far along? 38 weeks 
Total weight gain? 1 # (Total: 29#)
Maternity clothes? YES! I rather wear...nothing. ha.
Stretch marks? None! :) 
Sleep?  BARELY any. Laying down increases my contractions....the time IS near but not soon enough!
Best moment this week? Being able to work on Arts & Crafts with Ryan from making her a onesie to customizing our own letters for her name for the nursery! AND the nursery is 90% done!!!! :)
Miss Anything? Yes! Being NORMAL.
Movement? so much! I love it but I can't say that I love when she digs her little feet into my rib cage.
Food cravings? Still random...but I really wanted a burger for about 15 minutes then it subsided! ha.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Motion!
Gender? Girl! 
Symptoms? CONTRACTIONS!!!!!!!! nothing else really compares!
Belly button in or out? Still in! :)
Wedding rings on or off? Just the wedding band!
Happy or Moody? MooOoOody! Very anxious...frustrated...blah.
Looking forward to? D-Day! Every day feels like THE day...then nope. 
I am going to be 100% honest...because why not right?
Well this is FREAKING FRUSTRATING.

All week I had on and off false contractions...discomfort...muscle aches...PEEING every 5 mins..etc etc. It comes with the territory..I know.

Saturday I started getting regular contractions...SUPER mild but I got SUPER excited. WRONG EMOTION TO FEEL. 

Apparently (we learned this in birth class too), physiology really does listen to your emotions....and slows everything down.

And now here we are...baby girl and I still ONE and both very frustrated..probably me more! ha! If I'm not making sense..it's because it all doesn't make sense. 

Every woman's body is SO different. So as I search the web for forums of women's experiences..talk to friends/family who are mothers...and talk to my own mother..I realize, every experience is truly different and unique in its own way.

God really did make us complex...didn't He? Makes me feel bad for all the people that have to deal with women in general haha. Well I was hoping I wouldn't have the chance to write this blog to you but instead sharing my birth story. But that was my plan..not God's. 

So I am falling into the trust I have in Him that yes...the time is near...yes..she will be healthy, beautiful, and perfect...but no, this is the aspect of life I don't get the pleasure to control.

Another life lesson of letting go of the reigns of my life to the One who knows better.

Still hoping He reads this blog and feels a little sorry for me and gets things moving....(haha) 

Thank you for all your warm thoughts & prayers. Keep them coming...<3

On a happier note, like I mentioned above, the nursery is SO close to being done. We need to hang her curtains and a couple more art pieces and bam! Our lucky little girl has the most beautiful, unique, and classy nursery I've seen thus far! (duh..I'm bias since Ryan & I designed it haha) 

We can't wait to share it with you...but we want her to see it before you do. So hold your horses. Nursery pictures will be posted POST-BABY D! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Sorry hun. Hope you have a great week of being naked and sitting up to sleep.

    (don't forget to go pee.)

    ReplyDelete