Saturday, September 15, 2012

"prodromal" what?!

It could be pregnancy brain. Or the fact that I didn't always pay attention in class.

BUT I don't remember the discussion of this evil thing called PRODROMAL labor in graduate school OR my Bradley classes!

No not...FALSE labor or BH contraction..but the thing in between false and REAL labor.

Yup. That's PRODROMAL labor. 
That is what I've been experiencing for 14 DAYS straight.

It's when your body starts "practicing". You get REAL contractions (confirmed btw!) that are not consistent but are slowly preparing your body for the big SHABANG.

It really sucks. I get the point of it...I do.
But every night I go to bed thinking..wondering...hoping that the next time I wake up, I either have a huge wet spot on my bed from amniotic fluid OR I am in agonizing and wretching pain. (SAD huh?)

Because all day long, I'm in complete discomfort (times 14 days). The first couple days....ok I was getting excited...this could be it right?! Then after about the 5th day, I started to lose hope but my body continued to rip me apart. (ok ok I get to be a little dramatic, just let me)

Even my midwife said to me at my last pre-natal appointment, "HOW ARE YOU STILL PREGNANT?!" Yeah.....I wonder the same thing.

My poor family and husband are just hanging on by a thin thread (as am I) as they are on standby that any second or minute, I'll go into full blown active labor! (please...)

It's a quite funny joke God is playing on me. Almost the entire pregnancy..even through all my natural birthing classes and pep talks from my amazing husband, I kept fearing the inevitable...the PAIN. But now, I am so freaking annoyed that I AM SOOOOO READY. I mean SUPER SUPER ready. BRING IT ON is what I say to myself every time my contractions get stronger then 2 hours later..."JUST KIDDING!"

EHH!

Don't bother giving me advice on how to induce naturally. seriously...DON'T! Not only have I done my research...learned many ways in school...but I have TRIED everything BUT castor oil (which I refuse to try until I am WAAAY OVERDUE).

Just let me rant. Be frustrated. then BREATHE. I know my beautiful baby girl will be in my arms any day now and very soon I'm sure, but I can't help but be frustrated.

Ok. I'm done.

Thank you for reading this far as I complain. I actually do feel better now getting that off my chest.

Back to drinking my Raspberry Leaf tea, bouncing on my physioball, and eating spicy food...and everything else;) I might even moxa my acupuncture points again..or what the hey, I should just needle myself (haha)

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts...especially my little baby. Please continue to pray she is remaining healthy and growing and that I remain sane! I love her so much...I just want to meet her already!

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment