Sunday, September 9, 2012

39 wks = I'm going crazy but still fabulous.

Keeping it fabulous...until D-Day! 

How far along? 39 weeks 
Total weight gain? 0 # (Total: 29#)
Maternity clothes? YES! (No that dress is actually NOT maternity but way better to wear pregnant because it made me LOOK pregnant the only other time I wore it!)
Stretch marks? None! :) woowoo!
Sleep?  BARELY any. Laying down increases my contractions.....I wake up then fall back asleep....wake up then fall back asleep....etc etc.
Best moment this week? Celebrating Ryan's 30th birthday with him 3 days straight...and especially watching him enjoy himself at the Windy City Wine Festival! :D
Miss Anything? Yes! A lot of things!
Movement? so much! I love it so much. I love that she responds to us talking to her..especially when her dad sings to her! She loves it :)
Food cravings? Still random...but I am loving these pumpkin drinks!!! Yum Yum. Oh I craved Crazy Bread the other night....weird!
Anything make you queasy or sick? the pain has made me nauseous....only hinting what is yet to come!
Gender? Girl! 
Symptoms? CONTRACTIONS!!!!!!!! discomfort...muscle aches...joints hurt because my hands are actually more swollen than my feet...I feel like a little old lady with a big belly...or a rolly polly...or a combination of all of that sounds about right.
Belly button in or out? Still in! :) That little thing is NOT coming out! Yay. 
Wedding rings on or off? I don't even wear the band anymore! :( So sad.
Happy or Moody? MooOoOody! Especially if I'm hungry. Don't mess with me when I'm hungry. For real....ask Ryan. haha
Looking forward to? Holding our little girl in our arms and smothering her with kisses while she tries to push me away...and kissing her little baby feet! I love baby feet. Yeah that moment..and many more to come :)
Enjoying love and life @ the Windy City Wine Festival in Downtown Chicago :)
We've made it this far!! 

....and I still remember the nauseating day when I peed on FIVE pregnancy tests....and the day we saw our little peanut on the ultrasound that has turned into a beautiful little girl! 

I can't express my gratitude enough for all of you that has joined me on this journey...reading or listening to my rants, complaints, pregnancy discussions, etc etc. It has made this whole experience so much more special for us to share our joy with you. 

The love and support that has poured in (not just from our close family and friends) but even from friends that I've lost touch with or family that we don't keep in touch with is priceless....I feel that this whole experience and blogging has brought us closer to people in general..and for that, I am very thankful. 

I've always imagined what it would be like to be pregnant. I don't think too highly of myself in general (yeah yeah, I just called myself fabulous) but really...I don't. I've always struggled with my physical appearance or how eloquent I am able to speak...or write. Exposing myself...wounds, scars, and joys has been cathartic to say the least. 

I can say I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin than I have throughout this pregnancy...I hope to keep that up once the hormonal highs become..low and once the fatigue from lack of sleep set in. I hope I can maintain the way I feel about myself...about others...and about life in general. I have confidence with the people I have around me, that I definitely will.

Baby D has taught me so much already and she isn't even here yet. 

She has taught me to love myself completely so that I can truly love and give love...she taught me to be grateful for everything even when the times are hard or in this case-->nauseating...she taught me to appreciate the people that I have in my life because without them, this journey probably would have been a lot more stressful...she taught me to stop sweating the small things so much and to focus on the more important things in life...she's taught me SO much. And I've just been along for the ride.

So I have changed. This pregnancy journey is nearing it's end (thank God!) but I hope the fun doesn't stop...and that the change doesn't stop. 

Growing up is fun isn't it?! 

I think so! <3





0 comments:

Post a Comment