As I sit here experiencing the joy of moderate contractions, belly dancing, hiccups, and peeing every 5 minutes, I can't help but think of how far we've (baby and I) have come together.
From the day we found out to the fear of losing her to sneaking food in the bathroom during my board exams to this growing and beautiful belly...this journey has been nothing less than AMAZING.
Ryan and I have often stopped ourselves to say, "We created a little human."....our DNA has combined to form a being. How beautiful is that right? Very...weird to think about from the scientific side but even more beautiful to imagine that something like this is POSSIBLE! How can anyone question that there is a more powerful being in complete control of everything when you get to see a life being formed and made?!
Anyhow...along our journey, we've had some funny OMG moments to OH NO YOU DIDN'T! moments that I wanted to share. If you are responsible for some of these moments, don't worry, it will be kept anonymous but YOU KNOW WHO YOU IS! hehe :)
"Wow. You're BIG for FIVE months." (gathering previously pregnant women and asking them if they were as big as me when they were 5 months pregnant)
--seriously?!
"Oooo...you're way bigger than me when I was 25 weeks along but I guess bigger people tend to show earlier than smaller people."
--...seriously..again?!
"Wow you look really good pregnant. I thought you would blow up like a WHALE!"
--haha...thank you?
"Mimi...wait...ARE YOU MARRIED?! AND DOES YOUR MOM KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" (spoken to me in a LOUD whisper while my mom was standing right next to me..and I was 6 months pregnant.)
-- hilarious.
"I am so excited to see what your baby will look like...everyone is! It's like how everyone was waiting to see how Brad & Angelina's baby would look like!"
--oh..um ok?
"Ey gur. Is chu havin' a gur? You must have a lot of stretch marks like bam...dang" (cashier while paying for my food) "Actually I don't..." "Pssh...righ righ..."
--eloquently spoken.
"You're having three babies." (spoken by my husband referring to my growing belly & boobs)
--haha thanks babe.
"Ooo you're doing a natural birth? Yeah...good luck with that." (spoken by many people!)
--yeah...I love proving people wrong:)
**Other OMG "awww" moments that moved us...in a positive way**
-making it through the 1st trimester....then through the 2nd...and now finishing up the 3rd :D
-feeling butterfly flutters that turned into full blown kicks and now movements and flips you can SEE!-Ryan's face when he first felt our baby move!
-being able to step on a scale and wish for the numbers to GO UP!
-finding out our little baby is going to be a GIRL
-having THREE baby showers thrown by family and close friends showing us how much they love us and Baby D
-receiving multiple gifts in the mail filled with pink and tutus!
-hearing "You look amazing!" or "You didn't get pregnancy face!" (YES YES YES! I WAS WORRIED ABOUT PREGNANCY FACE! WOOHOO!)
-seeing the look in Ryan's eyes when I'm walking or waddling around the house...and how much he loves me and still thinks I'm beautiful.
-finishing the nursery with our baby's name on the wall
-singing to her and talking to her...and feeling her respond to me
-graduating with my 2nd doctorate and being able to walk across the stage with Baby D in 4 in heels! haha :)
-being able to embrace my new body and loving it!
I think I could keep going with all the amazing...funny...OMG moments that we've had in the past 9 months but then I would bore you!
Overall, we are so blessed...so lucky..so happy..and SO VERY READY!
Thank you for all the support thus far and everyone that has followed along with us.
I hope that we will SOON be able to share with you our BIRTH STORY ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment