Tuesday, June 5, 2012

weird pregnancy

Detox Salad 
Pregnancy is so weird. Right?! Right.

For the past two days, I feel like I'm right back in my first trimester...kind of. I have moderate nausea in the morning after eating (goes away) AND I'm back to having NO appetite...nothing seems to taste good. I cooked dinner last night that had steak & was so grossed out by the raw meat I handled that I didn't eat it. I tried eating left overs today for lunch and threw up. Greeaatt.....back to my meat aversion?! NOOOO...

So today, I went to the grocery store, trying to find inspiration to eat something...anything. So I walked through the produce aisle and VEGGIES caught my eye. I started to crave this salad- kind of mimicking a salad we've eaten at a "raw foods" restaurant.....and weirdly enough a corn dog (haha!). 

I came home & started to make corn dogs. Then this salad. Weird combo I know but it hit the spot and I feel great now. 

Here's a recipe for my "Detox Salad" (estimated measurements!)

1/2 head of organic red cabbage --> grated
3 large organic carrots --> grated
10-12 organic grapes --> halved
1 cup of organic spinach --> cut small
--combine all ingredients (you can add more veggies if you want like kale or broccoli!)

Dressing:
1 tbsp raw honey --> melted
1 tsp lemon juice concentrate
1/4 c EVOO
1/8 c balsamic vinegar 
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
--combine above dressing ingredients and mix vigorously! (you can play around the proportions to your liking!) 

Combine all of the above and enjoy!

Tip: You can start by slowly applying a little dressing as you go so that you don't "over dress" it & continuously adding to your taste.

I actually make this dressing for all the salads we eat at home! It's simple, easy, and healthy.

Try it out & let me know how you like it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment