Tuesday, June 19, 2012

best pregnancy find!

Okay. I am OBSESSED with this product. It is absolutely amazing...smells glorious...and is versatile! 

When searching for products to use to help prevent stretch marks, I wanted to stay away from all the "synthetic" stuff...you know, the things with parabens and all the other nasty chemicals!

A good friend of mine uses the lotion from this company and when I went to look at the bottle, I came across their Raw Shea Butter product. It only has shea butter (raw), frankincense, myrrh, and Vitamin E (which has been seen to be deficient in people who chronically have stretch marks)!

I was searching mainly to help prevent stretch marks but realized the daily belly & boob (yes boobs) massages I get from my hubby helped with all the skin tension I felt, was relaxing & helped me sleep since he does it every night before bed, AND it smells sooooo amazing from the frankincense and myrrh.

Also take note of all the health benefits of frankincense and myrrh- helps with emotional disturbances, soothing & wound healing (so it can help with diaper rash! my husband used it for his sunburn and it was awesome), and can help with digestive issues (internally) but the massage I get helps with any digestive problems I have too.

And the best part- it's inexpensive! I am excited to explore all the other products they have too- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc! Even products for babies. My baby girl will smell so gooood :)

I stocked up on Walgreens.com for only $10/each (I originally bought it from Target but they've been out of stock!) and will definitely be having it when I'm in labor to help with massages to control pain and help with relaxation.

Give it a try- you won't be disappointed.
Update on me:
Thank you for everyone that has sent me encouraging messages, texts, and phone calls. Your support during this time is priceless. Yesterday I started feeling 50% better and today I feel like I am myself again-100%! Baby girl is doing little flips while she still can, I am able to study for board exams, and the Dorough household is happy once again. All your kind words and prayers mean the world to us. Let's hope this good feeling is here to stay! 




1 comment:

  1. I use their hair products as well. Completely organic and natural!

    ReplyDelete