Wednesday, June 6, 2012

baby adventures!

Beautiful Architectural in a beautiful city!
Can you believe it?

25 weeks pregnant and I can say that I went on a 3 hour kayak tour along the Chicago River! What an experience!


The weather was perfect. We were blessed with a very small kayak group so the tour was more personal and intimate. I had my love with me & the little babes sleeping the whole way through.

I feel as if we (baby & I) have surpassed a lot of expectations....my own expectations. We've made it this far together & I am so grateful for her little blessing in my life.

Things still get hard. Reality sinks in & sometimes the whimsical dream of everything comes to a halt for a split second as Ryan & I have to face...reality. But it's all worth it & we know it. 100%.

The love between Ryan & I has grown so deep through this whole process. We realize we don't have a lot...but we do have each other and that is really enough.

Floating along the river and being in the awe of majestic buildings gave us a sense of peace...hope...and love. It was a good day....

We had our prenatal appointment today and had our ultrasound report come back from weeks ago.

Based on the ultrasound results, the baby is PERFECTLY healthy...Mama is gaining the appropriate amount of weight...and Baby D is expected to arrive on time! (hopefully!)


My midwife also said that due to all the factors, if I continue to take good care of myself, we won't need another ultrasound unless medically warranted! (which for us "alternative-holistic" beings, makes me extra extra happy!)

It is still a controversial topic whether or not ultrasounds are actually as safe as they are advertised and the caution I take with this pregnancy is that if there's a risk I can avoid, well...I avoid it or want to.

As the midwife was listening to Baby D's beautiful heartbeat today with a doppler (a form of an ultrasound), the baby also shares our same beliefs and literally kicked so hard that the doppler came off my belly!

It was quite funny & I have to say, it was a very proud moment for me as her mother ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment