Sitting here thinking about random things & recalling conversations I've had with Ryan where I am really bias. I always end up talking about something...Asian & how awesome it is. I'm cray cray.
Don't worry, I'm not racist or anything (obviously) but just...proud without a filter around people I am comfortable with.
*I am REALLY looking forward to my brother coming over tomorrow so I can get my sticky rice bamboo cooker since mine ripped. My mama is hooking it up.
*Snippets of conversations I've had with Ryan:
"Wow...I am so lucky I'm Asian. Our food is way better."-(while looking at a menu in an American restaurant)-
"Aren't you happy you married a dark Asian? Our baby is going to be gorgeous." (haha)
"Anything mixed with Asian is beautiful."
"Anything mixed with Asian is beautiful."
"Oooo you ate that growing up? Um..not me." (multiple conversations)
"Laos girls are so pretty huh? Yeah...we're fabulous." (while looking at pictures of my beautiful cousins & I)
"Ooo..sunburn? Yeah..I've had that on my nose once. It hurt." (while Ryan is sunburned over 85% of his body & absolutely miserable)
"Ooo...an Asian wouldn't do that. Roll up the windows girl!" (while watching horror movies where the white girl drives through a dark alley slowly with her windows down-hahaha)
"Asian women are cray cray. But we're hot too so it evens out. That's why you white guys love us." (referring to...myself)
"Daaang...an Asian woman wouldn't even do that! Now that is straight up crazy." (measurement of craziness)
"Daaang...an Asian woman wouldn't even do that! Now that is straight up crazy." (measurement of craziness)
"Look at that Asian women with the white guy! He's lucky." (every time we see a mix couple).
I'm sure I've said way more interesting things but I can't recall or I just don't want to share!
Don't worry. There are definitely many things I can add to my "con" list of being Asian but I try not to focus on those (hehe) until...I meet one...the super cray ones.
I also know that I shouldn't emphasize the "Asian" thing too much. Someone once told me that I tend to always deflect to the "Asian" thing and that is just...lame! But I can't help it...I love being Laotian (especially) and my daughter will love it just as much too!
Ba daaaak! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment