Saturday, June 30, 2012

an American (officially).

My family came over to the United States when I was about 9 months old. My mom worked 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. We squished a bunch of us into one house...my mom spent tons of money, effort, and time to establish us as permanent legal residents with hopes of one day getting us the ultimate goal- citizenship.

There were many obstacles along the way. I received my citizenship when I was under 18 years old automatically (after my mom had already paid for lawyers etc to get all of us established) whereas my brothers were not as lucky because by that time, they were already all over 18 y.o.

So as much fun as we poke at this extremely important day, this is a HUGE deal for my brother, Tony.

My proud brother Tony officially as a U.S Citizen!
Disclaimer: I MADE him hold up his certificate and flag haha (he hates this picture)
With joint efforts, we all put together a BBQ to celebrate and commemorate this special day...with a side of humor :) 

My mom, brothers, and I with our significant others :)
Thank you for everyone who came to show support and love! It was hot but fun!! ]
 
Don't take the things you find automatic for granted, chances are...someone has worked their whole life just to get where you are! 

My best friends and I <3

2 comments: