Sunday, January 1, 2012

resolutions & revelations

This is all new to me.

 Exposing my vulnerabilities on the world wide web...diving into a world of amazing bloggers and trying to fit in...decoding html coding (grrrr) to make my page look halfway decent & well it's the start of one pretty ambitious goal! A blog/day! God help me. 

HAPPY Two-thousand-& 12! Boy am I happy that 2011 is OVER. Although I know that I am continuously blessed and loved, it is a relief to say GOOD RIDDENS! Bam!

My post today will be pretty standard and cliche...

I will start off with my reflections of 2011.

the GOOD, bad, & UGLY:


1) After doing dual doctorate programs for 3 years, I finally graduated from the Chiropractic program in Dec 2010 & starting working/focusing on my last four trimesters of my second doctorate: Naturopathic Medicine which is GOOD..but being tested to the limit with multiple situations which has affected me more than it should. Feeling the past creeping up on my heart and trying to control my emotions has been so difficult but counting down the days...

2) My hubs, Ryan, who is also a Chiropractor hopped around from job to job which definitely became a stressor in our relationship but took the leap & finally found a position where he feels he can be the BEST doctor...loves the people he works with...and loves how ethical and intelligent his boss is! :) 

3)  The bad: Took Naturopathic Part I boards in February and found out six weeks later that I came 2 questions short of passing...dealing with a failing which is odd to me. Humbling myself to accept it, deal with the embarrassment, & move forward. Re-taking them in one month. eek. pray <3
The good: Passing all my Chiropractic board exams (Part I, II, III, IV, and PT) then receiving my Chiropractic license for IL.

4) the ugly: finding out my mother needed major abdominal surgery with a possibility of CANCER. Good: My mother having a successful major surgery with a NEGATIVE biopsy for cancer! Yes!!! <3

5) Celebrating my little nephew's first birthday! He's had a rough first year with multiple hospital visits and sicknesses...but he's such a strong little boy who brings so much joy to our lives! 

6) Spending multiple weekends...days...etc celebrating birthdays, family visiting from out of town, and just cause celebrations :)

7) Completing p90x (which we did for a straight 90 days) and losing ~15% body fat & completing the WARRIOR DASH with Ryan, my brother Nounou, and sister-in-law Metta. 
bad: Gaining about 5-7% back in two months :/ It's not just about accomplishing a goal but making sure it transcends into a lifestyle! 

8) the ugly: Still grieving over a lost that I did not get to see & Good: Feeling more comfortable to talk about it and look forward to what God will bless us with in the future <3

9) Attending the "Naturopathic Gathering" in Toronto, Canada and being inspired, encourage, & falling in love with Naturopathic Medicine all over again.

10) Building unbreakable bonds & lifetime friendships with colleagues in my cohort in the Naturopathic program. We wouldn't make it without each other! :)

11) & the really ugly- unfortunately grieving the loss of a special colleague at school, professors that inspired, family members of colleagues/friends, & my great-uncle.

So...the exciting part: RESOLUTIONS. 

Every year, I write this little list of resolutions and then realize the following year, they were either NOT accomplished within the first couple days, too ambitious, shallow, or selfish. Ryan and I started the year off right by going to church service although we stayed up until 3am playing board games.
 It was such a great way to start off the year! 

"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off and running & I'm not turning back. 

So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision-you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it!"
Philippians 3:12-16

...the message at church could not come at a more perfect time. He always has perfect timing:) 
my notes from church with my own resolutions-

1- Recognize the value of time.
Life is short. Too short to waste it on things not benefiting your life or putting things off b/c of your skewed vision of HOW MUCH time you think you have.
some goals: spend more time with my family & friends & less time on facebook! And obviously writing this blog is apart of this...being able to reflect on all the great things in my life and valuing the significance of one day:D

2- Don't be in bondage to the past. 
One of my biggest challenges that continuously haunts is the fact that I am a slave to my past. A pessimist for sure. I need to redirect my thinking & I am hoping this blog will help me do that! 
some goals: try to spend more time talking about my future plans-finding a job, graduating, baby-making (haha), traveling rather than my failures/distresses in the past.

3- Establish priorities! 
By walking in faith through prayer, blindly trusting God, growing in His word, & sharing our story!
some goals: running a marathon, finishing 60 days straight of Insanity, continue to be positive during my last trimester of my clinic internship, & budget better!

That's my short but extended list of my resolutions from being dedicated to my family, to my health (physical & emotional), and to God..and everything shall follow:D

Just like the title of my blog- 2012 is all about TRANSFORMATION for me! 

My family.
Meet Ryan, Sampson (orange tabby), Delilah (black tabby), & Oliver (cockapoo).

I know this blog post was SUPER long but don't you worry...it will get shorter & more exciting as the days go by. I can't wait to show you a glimpse into my world filled with food, stories, reflections, unique thrift store finds, etc! 

What are your resolutions & revelations?! Share! :D


Be blessed! <3 md




10 comments:

  1. Miravone !!
    What an awesome blog this is, loved the idea behind it, the embedded transparency that is often missed nor shared nor communicated by so many of us. I'm so happy that you rediscovered your passion (i.e. Naturopathic Medicine.) as I believe you will be a strong asset to this wonderful profession, as to our society.

    What a beautiful way to start 2012 !

    Warm Regards,

    -Mordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww my first comment!! :) Thank you Dr. Levy! You are such an inspiration to the medical field in general...you have definitely paved the way for true integrated medicine, and I am so blessed to have met you and be positively influenced by you! You are missed @ NUHS but can't wait to visit you and your beautiful wife one day in Canada! Keep in touch and Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more!! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jackie! I am excited to write more! Miss you and Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe, you have an amazing outlook on life and this allows everyone to appreciate a little piece of what I get everyday. Plus, I get to eat each one of these gourmet meals that is posted. I wish you luck and I will be with you each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Miravone! What a beautiful commitment to letting go of what doesn't serve you, to being genuine, walking in faith, being present in the moment and focusing your intention! Big spiritual work and more evidence of why you are going to be such a great doctor! Big hug and see you next Monday! Dr. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ryan Dorough Aww thank you love. You are such an amazing support and I can't wait to have & share more of our adventures! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dr. Lou
    Thank you Dr. Lou! You are a big part as to why I am switching my outlook around and finding as many positive outlets as possible! See you soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mimi this blog was so inspiring...I love your determined positive outlook on life and I like how you point out that life can have bumps in the road but you just get back up ..dust your self off and keep on walking with your chin way up and motivated and not looking back....love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Gloria
    Aww thank you so much Gloria! I am so new to this and truly appreciate the love & support!! I hope you keep reading my blogs!! <3

    ReplyDelete