Monday, January 23, 2012

and life is definitely worth living...

Halloween 2010
Loofah & a bubble bath!
Everyday isn't absolute bliss. Let's be real. Some people think the honeymoon period lasts for up to years but it doesn't. Once things get really real, your patience gets tested, things start to get very hard...you realize...well how much you were really meant for each other. 

When the love turns into deeper love after your get over the personality clashes while dating, the family drama while becoming "serious", and the overwhelming busy-ness of wedding planning...you get down to the nitty gritty. Your love gets tested...over & over again. The tears you shed aren't wasteful...the arguments you constantly have aren't in vain...the time you spend over excel sheets trying to budget are for the bigger purpose...

After all, marriage isn't about the flashy dress, the fancy decorations, or the open bar...it's about the joining of two lives...baggage and all. Our eyes were open real fast. We jumped into a bad living situation while renting a potentially gorgeous house with a very shady land lord. We thankfully ended that lease after only two months without any repercussions. We went through a very fast "home owning" process- 3 months total from looking to closing. We ran into job insecurities from unethical bosses to cheap ones.

December 2009- a month after we purchased our home.
We started to regret. Regret our decisions. Wonder of "what could of been" if we decided this over that...etc etc. Then reality really hit us. We experienced something together that was life changing and put life in perspective completely. Maybe one day I will share that with you...


We started to live to love...rather than just breathe and live. Ryan had this unique ability to always love in the midst of complete adversity as you can tell from my other stories. In our moments of discouragement...we didn't think we would make it through...he always would say, "We have such a good life." And I would instantly smile & agree.

We've never had a moment where we went more than a day upset at each other. We always reconciled by reminding each other how much we loved each other. Lots of hugs & kisses.

December 2011
We added Oliver, our cockapoo, in March 2010:)
A fond memory that I have is early in our relationship while we were dating, we got into an argument about something...I don't remember what it was about. But my first reaction is be dramatic. So I grabbed my stuff, my keys, and walked out of his apartment and headed to my car. He ran after me of course and grabbed me and instantly embraced me. Um..what is he doing?! I'm suppose to be mad at him! 


"Just because we are mad at each other, doesn't mean that I love you any different but I love you more. This doesn't change how I feel about you and I don't want it to change how you love me." That was the remedy...yes everyone...my heart melted once again. I couldn't help but look at him with tears welling up & surrender. He is so good at reminding me about what life is all about...not about the petty things that you fight about constantly or the personality clashes you manage to have...it's really about ALL THE GOOD things in life...all the love you get to experience & share.

So...we're ready. We already have two cats and one dog that we love dearly. So now all we need is a baby. One day folks...one day....I've always wanted MIXED babies so don't you worry.

We don't have a perfect marriage. It's pretty darn close though. :)

 Part of my Christmas Present to Ryan:) Click!! <3

August 2009
Our honeymoon
Be blessed. Seven days isn't nearly enough to express my LOVE for him. <3 md

0 comments:

Post a Comment