Commuting everyday (even with traffic) has it's potential to be very therapeutic. Turning on "K-love" and staring off into the lights of the highway and cars can have begin to have a peace that flows through you...I enjoy it 85% of the time. Sometimes I just want to get home and that was today.
Walking into my house, I take a deep breath and start to smile as I see how excited my pets are to see me...the peaceful warmth comes over me, and the "funk"just begins to fade.
Then the best part is I get a phone call from my colleague and very good friend, Takiyah. We both had a rough day. She called to share with me a verse that her mother shared with her tonight.
"Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun." (Psalm 37:1-6).
I am truly so blessed. I know I say that a lot but I can't express in words how God is so good to me. It's been a rough road and the people He has blessed me with are priceless.
I met Takiyah just recently actually when I started the Naturopathic clinic full blown (without the dual enrollment). Her beautiful smile struck me, her awesome style inspired me, and her heart (for people and God) touched me.
Something she would say often to help encourage all of us "Prayer changes THANGS" haha :)
Although we've only known each other for a short period of time, I truly feel that God has placed her in my life permanently. We are already discussing plans to keep in touch and visit each other as often as we can when our lives separate after graduation.
Her simple phone call today inspired me to dedicate this blog to her. This blog has given me a real chance to really focus on what is good among what may be...baaad. But it also gives me a chance to honor the people that help me reach that each & everyday...and Takiyah- you are definitely one of them.
We definitely have a divine friendship that will continue beyond the confines of our time together in clinic. So thank you Takiyah. You made my day & I love you!
Here are some other girls I am also blessed to have in my life that remind me how good life is too!
Happy birthday to Darlene (in the blue & black) today!!
Remember making one simple phone call can completely change the dynamic of a day. Hope you have a "Takiyah" in your life to remind of you of that! :D
Be blessed. <3 md


0 comments:
Post a Comment