![]() |
| Sarah & Allison's engagement photo Credit: Photographer: Jennifer Wiley |
I met Sarah when she first started the Naturopathic program at NUHS. She was hard to miss. Her smile, energy, and kind eyes envelope you...she just makes you want to hug someone. (haha) She is always positive, quirky, and uber super talented. Not only is she an awesome Naturopathic doctor and a good friend, but she is a "Broadway" Star! I've only had the opportunity to see one of her performances for actually my favorite musical of all time-"Rent" & it was AMAZING!
I have not had the pleasure to get to know Allison that well..but you really don't need to spend a lot of time with her until you feel the love and respect that they have for each other. Sarah's smile extends much more than I've seen (which I didn't think was possible) and the positive energy they exude really transcends to the people around them. You just can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Warm & fuzzy is the correct idiom right?!...doesn't make sense to me but you know what I mean!)
| Dr. Martin (in green) hosted a party for Sarah and Allison after their work on "Rent"! (Standing on each side of Dr. Martin) |
Well they fell in love...got engaged...and have been happy ever since. Recently they traveled far and wide (Massachusetts) to get married since it is not 'legal' in Illinois.
It doesn't matter your opinion on 'same-sex marriages' because when it comes down to it, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not appreciate and respect their love for each other...for people...for the environment...and for what is right.
I know that the God I worship loves me just as much as He loves them.
Here is a 'trailer' they made giving us a little glimpse into their BIG day :)
Featured recipe today is kind of inspired by them! They both have a unique style...artsy fartsy...and they have a love for FOOD just like me! :)
A lot of my recipes are inspired by CRAVINGS brought on by MEMORIES. Well I was thinking about being in French class in middle school and we had this huge pot luck. Well one of the girls brought these amazing baked pears. I don't know how she made them but I always start salivating when I think of how HAPPY I was to eat them. So I brought my memory together with my favorite cheese-GOAT! and thought putting it over a salad would make me actually eat SALAD. So here goes...
Baked Pear with honey & herb goat cheese salad
Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 25 minutes
Serving: 2-4 Level: (super) EASY
Ingredients:
2 halved red pears (ripe)
1- 5oz package of plain goat cheese
4- basil leaves (chopped)
1/2 cup of raw honey
1/2 stick of butter
Herb & spinach salad mix
Olive oil for drizzling
Instructions:
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut the pears in half and place in small baking dish. [I have individualized ceramic baking bowls which helps with the buttery flavor that you want to achieve.]
3) Divide your 1/2 butter into four and place that in each dish with 1/2 of pear.
4) Prepare your goat cheese mixture by mixing it with basil and that's it! Also melt your raw honey at this point since it is solid. You can use regular honey too but raw is so much better for you!
5) Drizzle each pear with olive oil and fill each pear with the goat cheese mixture.
6) After filling each pear with the goat cheese mixture, drizzle about 1/4 of honey on each pear.
7) Place in the oven for about 15 minutes. While the pears are in the oven, prepare your dishes with the herb & spinach salad mixture.
8) When the pears are done, drizzle all of them with the rest of the honey and place on top of the herb & spinach salad mixture! You won't need any salad dressing because you will have all the awesome flavors of the pear!
**We ate this as a SIDE salad so we had one half of the pear that accompanied our meal. If you want to use this as a full meal, you can have ONE pear each and add protein like chicken! It's super easy!
***If you are packing this for lunch, I would recommend packing the pears and salad mix separately!
Finished product!
This is far from ASIAN (I know!) but I have this "eh" thing about salads in general. I always think it's SO BORING & I feel like a rabbit.
So I am always on the quest to FIND the best ways to make a salad more interesting but still healthy!
I hope this makes you drool! It's so easy (much easier than my first recipe) so give it a try! You will not be disappointed.
Tell someone you love them today! Be blessed! <3 md


Great blog! This is a good entry : )
ReplyDelete@Crystal Thanks Crystal!! :)
ReplyDeleteMimi, this was AWESOME! Thanks for the awesome shout-out...and that KICK ASS recipe. Allison and I are drooling over here and are honored to be the inspiration for a recipe with pears and goat cheese (so delicious). Keep these posts coming, I'm already addicted! :D
ReplyDelete@drouano
ReplyDeleteAww I am glad you and Allison could enjoy it! :) :) and thank you for all your support reading my blog!! Can't wait to share more stories of food & fashion! :D
I have baked pears in the oven right now! :) I couldn't find red pears, but I found some delicious looking bosc pears. THANKS!
ReplyDeleteThat might be the most amazing salad I've tasted.. OH MY WORD, it's divine!
ReplyDelete@tabitha How amazing!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed the recipe!! Yay! :)
ReplyDelete