Monday, January 2, 2012

best(fans) ever.

Thank you. thank you. THANK you. 


It's only been one day since I've entered this world and I've already received comments (woohoo), followers (yippee!), and tons of emails from all my loved ones! You guys will make this even more exciting than I thought! 

So I've already received requests to blog about recipes of pictures that I've posted on different albums on my facebook account. So YES! I will! And I will also continue to document all the deliciousness and yummy-goodness that I create from this point out. (Apologize now for the bad camera photos, I will be more conscious on documenting better!)

Let me explain a few things first...just in case any of you would like to actually re-produce any food I blog. 


Warning: I am not professionally trained in the fancy world of culinary arts AND even more important, I am actually REALLY...REALLY...REALLY LAZY.

I grew up watching my amazing grandma cook...every time I asked her to write down her recipe or measurements...she said "YOU CAN'T COOK LIKE THAT! JUST FEEL." So I said..."Um ok!" and From that point on...that's exactly what I've done. I watched her closely ever since I was 5 years old! And when I went off on my own to college, I HAD to cook Laos food...I had to cook my own food period! Eating American cafeteria food EVERYDAY was making me extra plump and chunky (eh). So I experimented. I took her advice. I FELT.

I started to build a respect & relationship with spices (mild, medium, & HOT HOT HOT), vegetables (typical and exotic), rice, all the parts of an animal from the meat down to the marrow, balancing flavors with acidity..sweetness..boldness...my grandma taught me one simple lesson that transcended into the cook I am today.

So what do I mean when I say that I am LAZY? Well...I don't have a cookbook I use or little vintage index cards in a recipe box to reference. It's all in my heart. 

So excuse me as I start to express it. Proportions may be off. Descriptions of ingredients may be skewed.
But I promise you one thing...I WILL TRY MY HARDEST to relay what is in me in writing to inspire you to think outside the box...introduce you to amazing Laotian cuisine & asian cuisine in general...as well as explore how to stretch simple ingredients into gourmet meals for you and your family. 

See you tomorrow.

be blessed. <3 md 

sneak peek into my first recipe:
Traditional Laotian Spicy Curry Noodle Soup
"Kow Poon" 
EDIT: How could I forget to mention that since June 2011, I've been (95%) gluten free! The last 5% is for the times I cheat..and pay :( So my recipes are going to also be gluten free for the most part...I may include some of my recipes that have gluten (from past pictures) but with instructions on how to make it gluten free! :)

4 comments:

  1. The beginning of a new year! I followed. And maybe you'll visit someday.

    ♥ www.thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Bookness thank you for following! I will be sure to visit your blog and follow too!! Happy New Year and happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miravone, You're blog is gorgeous so far! I'm excited for your recipes because I am always down for cooking and that soup looks so tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krista Lynn Aww thank you Krista! It took me a long time & lots of googling but I tried to make it look a little more pleasing to the eye! Thank you for the inspiration and support! I am...excited well more nervous for my recipes because I don't know if it will even be good since I'm not use to using recipes!! eek! It will be a learning process :) btw I saved your button on my blog! :) happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete