We had an amazing experience "shopping" for pediatricians today! We've had so many recommendations for "alternative/holistic" medical doctors in the area, and we are so happy with our decision.
It is a bit of a drive but what isn't in the Chicago area right?! Right.
What I loved most is how CONFIDENT he made me feel in my body's ability to give birth...naturally. He actually made me tear up because he is so passionate about natural birth (he delivered babies in home births for over 25 years!-and yes people, he is an MD!). He definitely didn't sugar coat it and said I will be a part of an "exclusive" club afterwards and that it will probably be the hardest thing I ever do in my life...but when I hold that baby and realize that I did it on my own, it will be the most memorable experience of my life...
Let's be honest...I AM SCARED. It is my FIRST time giving birth...yes I experienced pain before with my last experience but that was only a hint of what is yet to come.
I get into modes of extreme confidence in my body's ability to EXTREME doubt...nervousness...anxiety...etc etc. I am so happy we went through Bradley classes but I am even more happy with the man that I married.
He's never ever made me feel doubtful...he always encourages me and tells me that he will be there every step of the way...and he reminds me everyday how much he loves me for the gift that we will receive very soon! He's been extremely supportive in every single way.
Then there are those people...the women that have had extremely hard labors or could not do it without medical intervention...that make me feel BLAH. I've heard MORE sighs, seen more eye rolling, and "Oh..good luck with that..just wait" type of reactions than ever when they find out my ultimate goal is a NATURAL BIRTH. (as long as baby stays healthy and not under distress, that is the plan!)
We are so close to D-Day that from this point on, I ask that you keep your comments to yourself. I know it's going to be hard...probably the hardest thing I will do...but I need encouragement at this point. I already doubt myself SO much in every other aspect of my life...this is NOT the time for that.
My mama did it with long long labors and delivered all four of us naturally....and many women have done it before it and will after me...which means I CAN DO IT.
Thank you to those women that have experienced natural births themselves or anyone in general that has been nothing BUT encouraging. Thank you!!
:)
Miravone, you can do anything you set your mind to, honey :) You are doing this because it is going to be best for you and the baby, and that is what is most important. Our bodies are made for this, and women have done it for many many years without medication. You are a strong woman, and don't let anyone convince you that you can't do it! Obviously, I've never been through the process, but we both know how amazing the human body is, and I know that you can do this. I have all the faith in the world that things will go well. You've done everything beautifully so far. You just have this one last hurdle. Yes, it is a big hurdle, but you're going to make it just like you have with all the other hurdles :)
ReplyDelete