Friday, May 4, 2012

honest blessings

Officially 21 weeks! :) 

Here is a pregnancy update:
"By the end of this week, your little one will measure 10 ½ inches long and weigh about ¾ pound. His skin has changed from being translucent to opaque as the skin cells grow and stretch in preparation for the fat deposits, which will soon form under baby’s skin. If your baby is a girl, her womb and vagina are formed. She will have 6 million eggs in her ovaries decreasing down to one million, before she is even out of her own mother’s womb.
Your baby’s tongue is now fully formed and he is strengthening his muscles with movement. His bones are hardening nicely and his movements are much more coordinated now. He may be doing some gymnastics inside you at this very minute. Back flips and somersaults are entirely possible, and they are great practice for his leg and arm muscles.
Swallowing is becoming a steady activity with baby. After he takes in amniotic fluid, his body absorbs the water in the liquid, with the waste moving on into his large bowel. The digestive system is already at work!
As your baby grows, his wake and sleep cycles begin to form. Your activity level and eating patterns are normally what rules his, as he can now hear all that goes on around him. And when you eat and drink, he eats and drinks. It is now that you start to find out if you have a night owl or an early bird."


The joys of waking up multiple times throughout the night to pee has given me poor sleep.
Yes yes, I know. Get use to it. I know! But I still get to complain...right? :)

When I wake up to pee, I realize how achy I feel mainly in my belly as my abdominal muscles are trying to adjust and my intestines are slowly being squished. I know it only gets worse but being a first time mom, I am uncomfortable when I wake up in the morning. Throughout the day, I feel great and really don't have any complaints! 

I am so blessed with Ryan. I say it over and over again...but I REALLY am.
This morning he realized how achy I felt and I couldn't get back to sleep, so before he got up for the day he massaged my belly with shea butter (which he does EVERY single night btw) then proceeded to massage my back as well. 

I felt SO SO SO much better and was able to fall back asleep for THREE more hours without any problems. 

He is going to be such an amazing dad. I can't wait until he can share in the joy of the karate kicks I just started feeling! As of yesterday, butterfly flutters are now martial art kicks! :) It's amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment