Tuesday, May 8, 2012

28 memories


Happy HAPPY birthday Rosie!!! 


Rosie and I are cousins. Her dad and my mom are siblings! We were not always as close as we are now but after my family moved to Illinois from California, we were literally FORCED to like each other. She was forced to have a shadow. 

We went through elementary, middle, and high school experiences together. Spent summers together. Went to high school dances together. If I told my mom Rosie was going to be there, I could go and vice versa. And now it's crazy and amazing to think we continue to share life experiences together as we both "grow up".

Everyone that knows Rosie loves her. For many reasons! You just have to meet her and you'll feel blessed. And best of all, she's really really good at praying. (hehe) 

Not only do I want to share embarrassing pictures of her (and I) but I want to dedicate my blog today to her with TWENTY EIGHT memories! 
volumized hair. 

1. When I was about 6 years old, Rosie and her family came to visit us in California. She was 8 years old. I vividly remember waking up in the morning and immediately after I looked up, there was this figure at the end of my bed with EXTRA VOLUMIZED hair (look at past pictures haha) that almost covered her entire face. My eyes got big and then the figure proceeded to growl at me. Yes. That was Rosie. 

2. When we moved to Illinois after some unfortunate events in California, her parents took my family in until we found our own home. She was not too happy she had to share a room with me! But she got use to it real quick! 

skorts. omg.
3. We were forbidden to walk around my neighborhood and cross the street to go to Walgreens. Being the rebels we were, we jumped the fence, walked in the alleyway, and went to Walgreens to buy snacks anyways. One time, we did it as her dad was just driving by. Uh oh! 

4. We liked to walk to the liquor store (yes the liquor store) when we were about 8 and 10 years old respectively to buy pina colada mix. Virgin drinks of course. We are rebels. 

5. One time she came to visit us in California, I was obsessed with Little Mermaid (Um..still am) and I started to cry (fake crying of course). She started to ask me what was wrong and I proceeded to tell her the story of Little Mermaid...minus the ocean, oceanic friends, and mermaid part. I said a boy named Eric didn't love me anymore and cried..cried. haha I was only 6 years old and I tricked her! She got really sad and went to get my aunt because she thought I was really distraught! 

Catalina Islands for my mom's 50th! :)
6. We use to listen to Boys II Men and had competitions to see who could hold out the notes the longest. *ahem* We still kind of do that...haha

7. In the picture above, there once was a time we thought "skorts" were cool...and that matching was even cooler. ha.

8. Rosie taught me how to roll my eyes. It's her fault I used it a lot as a kid. 

9. Remember going to Catalina Islands, Ca to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday...remember...all of it? hahaha...OMG. yeah..........kinda....crazzzzzy ;) 

"Asian" pictures.
10. Dancing the night away at every school dance in big poofy dresses...we thought we were super cool. 

11. We use to do our own "fierce" modeling photo shoots. Printed them on wallet size photo paper. Proceeded to hand them out to all our friends. Oh gosh.

12. Participated in MULTIPLE multiple "very asian" photo shoots like the one pictured with the crazy backgrounds. 

13. I remember ALL our crushes. Oh...how our tastes have IMPROVED. thank God :) ahem...Beto? hahahaha.....

One of our road trips to FL. 
14. Dance moves. We still have some crazy ones. But we use to "practice" dance moves...I can't even talk about which ones. (hehe) 

15. Our vacations. Road trips! Oh the joys of driving through KKK country (for real), being in a van while someone confessed their undying love (awkward), and stripping in the car (a full car) because it got too hot and uncomfortable. Oh no. 

16. Writing to Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT) every week because we thought we were part of his fan club...only to find out years later, we got scammed! (haha) 

17. Recording songs written by Rosie on her girl talk (with a cassette!) and sending them to Backstreet Boys with high hopes they would discover us for our deep talking voices that added drama to the song and amazing writing and singing skills :) 

18. Rosie & her dad took me to the doctor's office once. She was 14 and I was 12 years old. The nurse said "Oh are these your parents?" Rosie immediately said "UM EW. THAT'S MY DAD!" haha oops! 

at my birthday party at a park. 
19. When I first moved to Illinois, I didn't know anyone but Rosie. I've shared many memories with Rosie and all the wonderful people I met through LEFC. Even though we fought...all the time! 

20. Every time I had a rough time, I was always able to share everything with her. Especially all the "boy" problems I had in elementary, middle, and high school! She was always there and still is! Except now, it's real life problems. 

21. Definitely had many memorable moments with her and many others at classy establishments such as Volkan. Rosie is really good at cumbia ;) 

Wedding in 2009 :)
22. When we were little, we always said we would be each other's MOH. For my wedding 2 1/2 years ago, she was mine along with my other best friend Maria. I will never forget everything they both did for me! 

23. The moment I made that call to her 2 years ago...when I lost something very precious...she came right over to just sit with me as I grieved. It meant a lot. 

24. She's been to EVERY graduation and I've been to EVERY single one of hers. 

25. The week of my wedding, Maria, Rosie, and I got to shoot a shotgun together. City girls with a shot gun...pretty scary :) 

California 2007




26. Traveling to California for 2 months with her and Maria in 2004. We realized we got sick of each other really quick but are still friends to this day :) 

27. Traveling to Mexico with Rosie and Maria in 2007. Eating forbidden beach food. Getting sun burnt for the first time. Having the time of our lives!


28. And finally...all the laughs, tears, and joy we've shared = priceless and words cannot express it! 

Rosie and I have been through a lot together. We have wanted to wring each other's necks but make up every time and continue to be close. 

We've both grown up. But managed to not grow apart. We've always encouraged and pushed each other. We both have Bachelors degrees and each have two PROFESSIONAL degrees in fields that completely reflect us as individuals. 

So happy birthday Ross. May God continue to bless you with many many many more years and more memories to be shared! Love you and my baby is lucky to have an aunt like you! :) 

PEACE OUT! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment