Sunday, July 22, 2012

32 weeks! 8 months preggo! Eek.



How far along? 32 weeks 
Total weight gain? 2.0# (Total: 25 #)
Maternity clothes? Yes. I am very tempted to buy a couple maxi dresses...it's getting quite frustrating because NOTHING fits and my wardrobe is BORING. 
Sleep?  I wake up a lot...but the great thing is, I get to fall back asleep :) Yay to being home and just studying my life away.
Best moment this week? Being blessed with amazing friends and family that put together a baby shower for us in Rockford. It was awesome :) & guess what?! I have another one coming up! :D
Miss Anything? I forgot how it feels to NOT be pregnant. I think it's going to be a tough transition back into reality once this little baby comes.
Movement? She is SUPER active. You can SEE her move all the time. My midwives think she's hilarious how much she moves and they said it's a VERY good sign so I am enjoying it while it lasts:) 
Food cravings? I had a craving for cheesecake last week...ate a couple bites & that's it! Other than that, I haven't been picky at all...I just EAT EAT EAT EAT AND OH EAT.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Same ol' same ol'.
Gender? Diva in training.
Symptoms? New symptom that I absolutely hate is this sensation that there is a lump in my throat. I got a little nervous it was hypothyroidism....or something worse. But everything checked out okay and I just have to deal with it. Oh the joy of my stomach being squished into my esophagus. Eating has gotten...interesting.
Belly button in or out? Still in! yes yes yes! But it looks like it's on the end of staying that way...and I am FREAKING out.
Wedding rings on or off? Still have all my rings on! 
Happy or Moody? Happy overall but definitely a bit more irritable. 
Looking forward to? Getting the board exams OVER. I don't even care if I fail or pass...I just want them to be out of my life. Oh and this weekend, we have our final ultrasound AND our professional maternity shoot. Be ready for some fabulosity. 
Ok so surprise surprise...I have been so emotional lately. Happy...sad...scared...happy...joyful...grateful..overwhelmed...sad....happy...and so forth. It's been a whirlwind. 

I was laying in bed one night...listening to the silence in our house, the fan blowing a constant sound, and felt Ryan's warmth right next to me. I started to rub my belly, felt my baby squirming around, and it hit me. This is my life.

I am going to be a mom. There will be a baby here VERY soon and my life will never be the same. I have board exams. I have a nursery to finish. I need to strip the house down and clean every nook & cranny while I still can without excuses. I need to spend time with people before I am confined to the walls of my house. We need to pay our bills this month. The really big ones that we can't avoid. I wish Ryan was home more often but he works so much. I need to make sure he gets to spend as much time with the baby as possible....his role as a very present father is more than important to me for our baby than most of you will realize. 

Ruminating thoughts prohibited me from getting a lot of rest. So I stumbled upon this blog that inspired me to write my own "25- list" to my own daughter (Read it here). It gave me some hope...some perspective into how much my mother has taught me all these years...and made me fall in love with her even more. 

My own reflections that I wanted to share with her gave me a sense of peace that allowed me to fall asleep. We are both getting so excited..but with that emotion comes the unavoidable anxiety so we are just trying to stay calm, positive, and hopeful! :) 

I can't believe that we are more than halfway through the year & within a small amounts of weeks, I will be holding the most precious being I will ever get my hands on and experience the most deepest love. 

What she doesn't realize yet while she is growing in me is that she is exactly what I need in my life...

1 comment: