Wednesday, January 16, 2013

my review of 2012



I’m so bad at my blogs now. Any free moment I have, I’m either taking a long hot shower or laying on the couch and closing my eyes! Haha Definitely the life of a stay at home mom. The past month I put in over 80 hours with my part time job (at home that I am SO grateful for) but that plus being a SAHM was very difficult. I am slowing down a bit this month...thank God! Anyhow this blog will be my review of 2012...which has been the BEST year of my life thus far and I know will only get better now that Estella is a part of our lives.

This blog started off as an attempt to not let 2012 look like 2011 which was such a tough year for many reasons we could not control but also a year that took control of our emotions in a negative way.

We both had difficult things that we were dealing with (not each other don’t worry!). So I promised to myself, to Ryan, and to this blog that I was not going to get swallowed in the negativity but bring myself back to the reality that my life is DEFINITELY beautiful despite the ugly parts.

It turned out that this blog transformed into an experience I didn’t expect and I am forever thankful for the support...love....and acknowledgement that I’ve received. Thank you!

Well here goes-


January 2012
January 2012- I was pregnant here but had no clue! :X
The month we found out we were pregnant...what a crazy month! It was filled with tons of nausea...fatigue...and a plethora of emotions. Ryan and I individually had to deal with our emotions. We had lots of plans ahead of us..and a baby was not one of them in the near future. After what we had to deal with two years ago, we felt blessed and happy.
The first time we told my family....I was 7 weeks pregnant.
February 2012
Feb 2012- we told Ryan's parents by giving them a picture frame with Estella's ultrasound for their anniversary gift.
We announced it to our families and a couple friends. I was extremely nauseous. I had to take my Naturopathic Part I board exams. Funny sidenote- on my bathroom breaks, I ate granola bars in the bathroom. Haha Surprisingly enough...I passed!! From that point on, we knew Estella was already a good luck charm!
Valentine's Day together.
 March 2012
Everyone knew at this point! 14 weeks pregnant for my cousin Crystal's birthday. 
I was counting down to graduation with my Naturopathic doctorate, celebrated my cousin’s birthday with mustaches, and getting ready for my week long (clinic vacation) in California (April). My little baby bump was slowly appearing and we announced our pregnancy after I *gasp* made it through the scary first trimester!
My mentors that helped me through Naturopathic school!! Love them Dr. Martin & Dr. Lou
 April 2012
Yay to graduation! Finally!!
I graduated with my second doctorate, Baby “D” walked across that stage one final time with me, and I found out I passed my Part I medical board exams!!! It was an amazing month. Plus I observed an amazing Naturopathic doctor in Pasadena area and Ryan and I had our baby moon filled with a vineyard wedding of good friends and our first baby shower! And how can I forget that this is the month we found out we were having a little diva!!
Having dinner after we found out we are having a girl!
May 2012
1st Mother's day in Michigan together
This month my best friend got married, I was the very pregnant woman in the clubs celebrating her bachelorette, and celebrated my “first” Mother’s day in Michigan. I was recuperating from so many years of education and stress....this was an amazing month...but I realized that I had to get my head back into gear for Part II (final) ND boards in August!
My best friend got married at the end of May!

June 2012
Happy golden 26th birthday to me!
Oliver, baby D, and I went to the beach A LOT, I started studying for my boards, Ryan and I started Bradley birth classes, and I celebrated my low key GOLDEN birthday! I was more comfortable with my growing belly, eating became better and nausea was completely gone, and my snoogle I got for Mother’s day felt like a God-send.
Kayaking down the Chicago river 6 months pregnant:)
July 2012
My baby shower in Rockford :)

Temperatures were extremely high. I stayed in the AC a lot. I went back to LAY Camp to be a part of the worship team which I was a part of for so long but had to stop since I didn’t have summers off. Our Rockford baby shower at my home church was this month and it was tons of fun! My family did an amazing job. I can’t believe we were more than halfway through with the pregnancy!
I love my grandparents!
August 2012
From our maternity photo shoot 35 weeks pregnant 
I went to Royal Buffet!! Haha Yes this is included in my 2012 review...what an amazing place EXCEPT since I already felt SO FULL I couldn’t eat that much (probably a good thing) and no sushi for me either! What I did eat was yummy! We had our maternity photo shoot and completed our 10 week Bradley birth class! We met some great people too..and a couple who we are still friends with that delivered their baby girl in the same hospital the day before us! Ryan and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary and knew that this time next year, our little girl would be celebrating with us!  I started getting false contractions this month...
the Grandmas at our August baby shower!


September 2012
Sept 20th :)
The best month of our lives! We celebrated Ryan's 30th birthday at the Chicago Wine Festival before we welcomed our beautiful girl into the world. Yes I was overdue, yes I had a long prodromal labor, long early labor, and a fast unpredictable painful labor.....but I am proud to say our baby girl was healthy, mama was healthy, and daddy remained sane! We definitely had our struggles in the beginning since babies don’t come with an instruction manual but we’ve already grown SO much since this month...and Estella has too!

Chicago Wine Festival 39 weeks pregnant
October 2012
Estella's first wedding in Michigan

Estella went on her first road trip to Michigan to attend her first wedding at only 5 weeks and we quickly learned why everything is a bit harder with a baby...especially a newborn and a mom who was still getting use to the whole nursing thing. I think it really wasn’t until that weekend when we realized how different our lives are now. She also had her first cold to fight through which she did without medications! Oh and her baby dedication at my home church in Rockford.

 November 2012

So quickly she already mastered many of the milestones for her age and even advanced to other ones. I learned about the human body...brain...everything in school but until you get to see how amazing our body is from the start, you will not be able to appreciate the amazing intricate work God has created. Estella continues to make us smile and be in her presence speechless at how much she’s already taught us about life.
first time in the beautiful city of Chicago!
December 2012

Our first Christmas as a family shared with both of our families and my brother Toby came all the way from California to share it with us. My favorite holiday of the year! Ryan and I just soaked in all the love shared among all of us and knew that 2013 was going to be just as awesome if not more than 2012 was to us.

In conclusion, my life is great. When I say great, I really want to say PERFECT. I have everything I could ever wish for and dream of. Of course we hit obstacles, I find myself at the brink of tears from exhaustion, and we realize our stress levels have increased tremendously now that we have a human being to be accountable for....but all in all, Estella truly is the best thing that has come into our lives.

“We know that God loves us so much because He gave us you.” –Ryan

May your 2013 be filled with many blessings.

I will continue to blog here and there as I can. I am so touched by all the love and support that you all showed me in 2012.

Hold onto your seats though...I plan to talk about Estella a lot. Oh and a bunch of other random stuff too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment