Tuesday, January 22, 2013

4 months old! Time sure does fly!


Our little pretty girl in her big girl 6 month PJs! 
Height/Weight
25.5 inches (Gained 1.25 in ONE month) = 90th percentile
Birth- 20 inches
17 inches (head circumference Gained 0.5 in ONE month) = 98th percentile
Birth- 14 inches
13.5 pounds (Gained 2.5 pounds in ONE month) = ~50th percentile
Birth- 7 pounds 12 oz

Size:
I am so sad to announce that she is officially in 6 month clothes and even fits some 6-9 month clothing!
haha this is before I went to buy her new pajamsas. The shirt here is 3-6 months and pants are 6-9 months...too small and too big haha!

Favorites:
Food- BREASTMILK! J
Book- “Animals!”
1/21/13- Bedtime Routine with her daddy
Song- She loves when I sing to her! It makes my heart smile. When I sing opera (for fun), she just “giggles”.
Toy- It’s amazing she loves toys now! Her favorite is her Elephant Toy. I named him “L.E”!


Non-toy toy- She grabs for anything and everything now!
Time of day- she is happiest when her daddy gets home at 7p! She’s alert and ready to hang out with him.
TV show- Oh my..she’s obsessed. We have to shield her mat with pillows since we hang out in our living room.
Thing to giggle at- Her daddy can make her “giggle” like no other person!
Our beautiful baby 1/12/13
Firsts/Milestones:
- She went from swatting at things to now reaching and grabbing with intention! We love it. It’s so cute.
- She is still rolling from side to side and tummy to back more consistently.
- Her giggles are forming and we love it. She just squeals, screams, babbles...
- Her “giggles” are beginning to become more apparent...they are little squeals now!
Here is a good video of her on New Years Day with her dad- I caught it too late but it can give you an idea!
- The separation anxiety has officially set in! She knows who she knows and definitely knows whom she doesn’t! As long as she sees our face, she usually is ok but sometimes that’s not enough!
- And unfortunately or fortunately...she has started TEETHING. Drooling, rosy cheeks, grinding on her gums which makes her normal babbling sound pretty interesting and cute, irritating stools, diaper rash (ehh!), and screaming! Oh and let’s not forget to mention- she is super clingy and a very very very bad sleeper now (at night). Mama is EXHAUSTED.


Learning about the human body in every aspect in school wasn’t extremely exciting until we had clinicals....we were able to SEE and TREAT conditions that we spent so much time in school studying. We were able to witness the evidence of HEALING physically and emotionally. We also (unfortunately) witnessed when the body couldn’t defend itself anymore but managed to maintain quality of life for the patient.

All of those things were fascinating to me personally and remarkable when incorporating a couple changes here and there could make a world of a difference for the body naturally.

Now I am witnessing the human body in a completely different light....a WAY MORE fascinating light actually. Babies are absolutely amazing. Do you ever wonder (and probably get annoyed) why new parents can sit there and talk about how their baby followed them with their eyes for the first time? Or when their baby started crawling? Or even the “simplest” thing as reaching for a toy right above their face?
Look at how long our baby is!!

That is when the body is really the most impressive. As a new parent, I can’t help but be in awe of Estella. Not only how fast she has recovered from colds she’s already experienced or how chubby she got so quickly once we cleared up breastfeeding issues...but I am amazed at how all her little neurons are making proper connections and her muscles of her whole body are starting to coordinate (and strengthen) with her brain. It is quite amazing.



We as adults can spend months and even years learning a new language or training to run a race, yet these little babies (who often go underappreciated in terms of intelligence) learn and master a complete movement or action in days...and continue to master more milestones so quickly before our eyes. It’s really fascinating.

I am so fortunate that I get to witness every little thing all day long and every day. Working from home has been such an amazing gift for us...I am so use to being overworked that I am getting to the point of overworking myself so my husband reminds me to slow down everyday so I keep my sanity.

Ryan and I just celebrated five years of being together by attending church then having a casual dinner with our baby love. We are so blessed and realize that life as we know it will continue to only get better..even with all the little rough patches we experience.
Celebrating 5 years together 1/19/13

Happy four months to our little big love that has made our lives the best they can ever be! Mama and daddy loves you so much Estella. You are absolutely amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment